Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
GM OBD1

5708 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2015-11-13 01:21:18

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    GEARGRINDERSGARAGE
    2015-11-05 21:07:15
     How do you select a vehicle older than 1996 with the Maxisys?  I just got the Maxisys pro today, updated it, and was trying it out.  I tried to see if it would get codes out of a 1992 Chevy truck, but I can't find anywhere in the scan tool to select a year older than 1996. I typed in the VIN and it doesn't decode or recognize it as a good VIN number. Loving the device so far, much better than anything I have used to date.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
     Hi, kindly be noted that Maxisys can only support cars from Year 1996 (including year 1996). So this 1992 Chevy truck cannot be supported. Thanks!

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
     Thanks for the prompt reply support. I have to ask, why does Autel include a bunch of adapters that are basically useless?  Is it because every other scan tool company also includes them?  Will OBD1 ability ever become a reality with Maxisys? Being able to diagnose the occasional pre 1996 vehicle is one reason I bought the Maxisys pro.  I went through this with a Launch pad x431, had all the adapters but wouldn't work with anything OBD1.

•   Level 2   
    (18) points
    rfient

2015-11-13 01:21:18 (Reply to:Autel Support)

Hi Support
    Wy deliver Autel the Maxisys with a GM OBD1 Adapter. It was big equirement for buing your device. Befor i brought my Maxisys i asked your support for GM OBD1 are supported. The answer was, yes we have an adapter. I am happy with Maxisys with Cars from years 1996. But unhappy with an unsupported GM1 adapter.

Best Regards
    Reto Fient
  Total1 Pages